I just approved the
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate certification and want to leave my comments regarding the exam:
It had 55 questions to be answered in 80 minutes. In general, the exam is not difficult if you know the AWS technologies and when to use them. Because it’s the new exam model I didn’t see any SQS question but there were others related to AWS Config, AWS Inspector and AWS System Manager, thus is a good idea to know what those services do.
My tips for save time on this exam are:
- Answer the easy question quick, don’t stay long thing whether is right answer because probably it is.
- Only mark for review those question where you really have a doubt, so you can check them later and if there’s time left be able to review them all.
- Think it is a Amazon certification and in that matter always wonder what Amazon service to use.
- Take into account that it’s a Amazon certification and in that matter always think what Amazon service to use.
- Discard things that can be done at the OS level if an Amazon service provides it, and only consider it when there is no other option.
- Whenever you read scalable think of SQS / DynamoDB, cost-saving = S3 / S3 RRS, and so on.
If you are interested in this certification and I recommend you some links: