If you have a hackable PSP, I mean, a PSP 1000 Fat or PSP 200 Slim with a motherboard other than TA-88v3) there’s a method that lets you jailbreak your PSP without a pandora battery. Let’s see how to accomplished that…
- A PSP 100% hackable. This method does not work and should not try on PSP 2000 Slim with motherboard TA-88v3, PSP 3000 or PSPGo! because your PSP can end unusable (brick risk)
- To have installed Sony’s official firmware 5.03.
- To have installed ChickHEN
- A Memory Stick greater than or equal to 256 MB
- Battery charged to at least 78%
Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher
The program that lets jailbreak a PSP is called Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher, which can be run by loading ChickHEN first in the PSP. The procedure to install and run it is explained here:
- Download Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Copy the 500.PBP firmware file into the memory stick’s root
- Copy the RECOVERY directory into the /PSP/GAME/ folder of the memory stick
- Turn on the PSP and load ChickHEN
- Go to the game menu and select Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher as shown next:
- Once Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher is loaded, select the Install M33 CF (of version selected above) option. See the following picture:
- Once the process had finished, you have to press any button to shutdown the PSP
- Turn the PSP on and set all parameters (name, date, time, etc)
- Enjoy :)
What if I have a newer firmware, for instance the 5.50 OFW?
The firmware 5.50 fixes the exploit that lets ChickHEN to load on your PSP. If you already updated to that firmware or any other firmware higher than 5.03, then you won’t be able to run homebrews because you can’t install a inferior official firmware, Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher included :(
The only way to hack your PSP is by using the pandora battery method, by your PSP has to be 100% hackable.