When I work on the PC is more convenient for me to control my Android phone as if it were another application, be able to alternate between where I’m doing and, for example, another program like Whatsapp without touching the phone. To do so I use AndroidScreencast, which I show in the video and explain the installing procedure below.
- Android phone.
- USB debugging mode enabled.
- USB data cable.
- To have installed Android’s SDK and the Java environment for you operating system.
Installing and usage
- Connect the phone to the PC with the USB cable.
- Go to the Android’s SDK folder, the go to platform-tools folder and run: ./adb kill-server, then /adb star-server
- Download androidscreencast.
- Run AndroidScreentcast by clicking on the downloaded file.
By following these steps you will be able to control, take screnshots and even record videos of your Android phone from the PC.