Note: This video was made using PRO-B4, but the installation procedure is the same.
The main feature of this custom firmware is the fact it can be used on all PSP’s even those not 100% hackable (PSP 2000 with TA-088v3 mobo, PSP 3000 and PSPGo). The only issue is that it only runs on official firmware 6.20 because it’s based on an exploit found in this firmware. Without further ado, let’s see how to install it:
- PSP 1000, 2000, PSP 3000 or PSPGo.
- Firmware 6.20 installed.
- Battery charged at least to 78%.
Do the following steps at your own risk. Remember that only you are responsible of what you do to your console. Although I followed this method successfully, I won’t take responsibility if you brick your console.
- Download Custom Firmware 620 PRO-B10 fix1 and extract it.
- Copy PROUPDATE and 620PRO_Permanent folders to /PSP/GAME directory in the memory stick.
- Go to the game menu and run UPDATE PRO only, or UPDATE PRO and then PERMANENT PATCH according to which method you decide, the no permanent one or the permanent one, respectively.
No permanent method vs. permanent method
There two folders because there are two methods, the no permanent one which allows you to run the custom firmware on the official firmware and leave all as it was after rebooting the console; and the permanent one which install the custom firmware on the PSP, avoiding to lose the hack after rebooting.
Which one I choose?
I think is a matter of tastes, because both methods write the PSP’s memory flash, but only one does it permanent. Maybe the no permanent was useful to be able to connect to PSN with the official firmware.
Reference: Instalar 6.20 PRO-B5 Permanentemente (Spanish)