If your PSP has firmware 6.39 and you want to run homebrews, plugins and backups of your original games and other features (like the VSH menu, play recent games, support for PSX, Recovery menu, etc)< then it’s your lucky day because you can use the custom firmware 6.39 PRO-B7 that let you do all this. The only drawback: it’s not permanent, so if you turn off or reboot your PSP yo must repeat the “installation” procedure shown on the video. Below I leave the steps for installing it…
- To have the Official Firmware 6.39 installed.
- Download the Custom Firmware 6.39 PRO-10 fix1.
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Copy the extracted folder folder PSP/GAME/PROUPDATE on the PC into directory /PSP/GAME on your MS.. You should have this path /PSP/GAME/PROUPDATE.
- On the PSP, go to game menu and select UPDATE PRO as explained on the video.
Reference: [Tutorial] LCFW 6.39 PRO-B7 (Spanish)