There’s already a custom firmware for 6.6 version. In the case a custom firmware made by neur0n that works on 100% hackable PSP. Let’s see how to install it.
Do the following steps at your own risk. Remember that only you are responsible of what you do to your console. Although I followed this method successfully, I won’t take responsibility if you brick your console.
- PSP 100% hackable, meaning, PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 without doom board (TA-88v3). IT DOES NOT WORK ON PSP 2000 TA-088v3, PSP-3000 OR PSP GO EITHER!
- A custom firmware installed previously. For instance 5.03 M33-4, 6.20/6.35/6.39 PRO, 6.39 ME/LME
- Battery charged at least up to 78%
- Download and extract the Official Firmware 6.60.
- Download and extract the Custom Firmware 6.60 ME-1.6.
- Copy files EBOOT.PBP y 660.PBP into /PSP/GAME/UPDATE on the memory stick.
- On the PSP, go to the XMB then go to game menu and run the update as is shown on the video.
Now you can enjoy all features provided by this custom firmware, such as plugins, homebrews, run backup of your original games, recovery menu, and more!