Note: the video shown is for 6.39, but the steps are the same.
If your PSP has firmware 6.60 and you want to run homebrews, plugins and backups of your original games and other features (like the VSH menu, play recent games, Recovery menu, etc)< then it’s your lucky day because you can use the custom firmware 6.60 PRO that let you do all this. The only drawback: it’s not permanent, so if you turn off or reboot your PSP yo must repeat the “installation” procedure shown on the video. Below I leave the steps for installing it…
- To have installed the Official Firmware 6.60
- Any PSP model (PSP 1000, PSP 2000, PSP 3000 or PSP Go)
- Battery charged at least up to 78%
Do the following steps at your own risk. Remember that only you are responsible of what you do to your console. Although I followed this method successfully, I won’t take responsibility if you brick your console.
- Download the Custom Firmware 6.60 PRO-C -fix3
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Copy the folder PROUPDATE into directory /PSP/GAME. You should have this path /PSP/GAME/PROUPDATE.
- On the PSP, go to game menu and select UPDATE PRO as explained on the video.
How to make it permanent?
Every time you turn off your console, I mean no in stand-by, you must redo the steps explained earlier. On some PSP models (for example PSP 1000 and PSP 2000) this upgrade can be permanent, to do so follow these instructions:
- Copy the folder CIPL_Flasher into directory /PSP/GAME/. You should have this path /PSP/GAME/CIPL_Flasher.
- On the PSP, go to game menu and select CIPL Flasher for PRO-C.
- You will see a black screen with a menu. Press X to install the IPL (this makes the custom firmware permanent)
- The PSP will reboot after 5 seconds, and now you will be enjoy the custom firmware without needing to redo the procedure.
Here I leave the older versions in case you need them:
Reference: [Tutorial] LCFW 6.60 PRO-B9 (Spanish)