CyanogenMod is a rom reference in the Android world, because it provides interesing features that other roms don’t offer (the ability to set OpenVPN on the phone, to mention one of them). The latest version of this rom for HTC Magic is 6.1.0 (Android 2.2.1), and it won’t be any new release for this pohone according to CyanogenMod offical page. If you are interested in installing this rom, here I left the steps
- Download CyanogenMod 6.1.0 rom, EBI1 kernel for M-6.1.0, the patch for fixing the green tint issue and the Google’s applications (Gmail, Gtalk, Market, etc).
- Turn your phone off and go to the OpenRecovery by holding down + buttons at the same time.
- Do the wipes: Wipe data/factory y Wipe delvik-cache.
- Flash update-cm-6.1.0-DS-signed.zip file, bc-6.1.0-ebi1-signed.zip, boot-cm_2635.9_ds_32a-oc-uv-xtra-ram-fp-120810, and gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip (in that order).
- Reboot the phone from the OpenRecovery (first option on the main menu) and enjoy it!
Note: The first time it lasts a little bit, be patient. This is normal because the Delvik-cache was delete.