If you want to upgrade your Galaxy Tab 7 version P1000N to Gingerbread 2.3.3, here I left the needed steps. This is the stock rom, I mean, it’s not rooted, all work and it includes the new market and all Samsung’s apps (like (Swype, Music, standar browser, etc). Useful if you need to be on this rom as a requisite to install another one, or just for having a stock rom to apply the warrant.
- Remember that only you are responsible of what you do to your tablet. Although I followed this method, I won’t take responsibility if you brick your tablet.
- Backup your current rom and any data. This will help you to go back if something goes wrong.
- Do this procedure with at least 75% of battery charge.
- This rom ONLY works on P1000N. For other stock roms (P1000L, Verizon, CDMA, etc) you better check the xda-developer’s forum.
- The procedure use Heimdall. To be more precise I used the command line version for Linux on Debian, although there is a GUI version for Linux and other operating systems such as Windows and Mac.
- Download and extract Stock ROM Gingerbread 2.3.3 P1000N file.
- Turn off the tablet and boot it up in the Download mode by pressing the power and volume down buttons (Power On + Volume Down). After booting the tablet will show a image like this one:
- Connect the tablet to the PC running Linux, in a terminal as root go to the extracted directory Stock Gingerbread 2.3.3 , and type:
heimdall flash --repartition --pit gt-p1000_mr.pit --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot Sbl.bin --kernel zImage --factoryfs factoryfs.rfs --cache cache.rfs --dbdata dbdata.rfs --modem modem.bin
Warning: Double check the options passed to Heimdall because your can brick your tablet. For instance check all files are present in the directory.
- The tablet will reboot by itself. Wait until the system boots (it will last a little bit, but don’t turn off the tablet until it finishes to boot).
- Follow the tablet’s configuration wizard, and enjoy!
Here you have some screenshots:
Reference: P1000NUBJP7 [Gingerbread 2.3.3] (in Portuguese)