I have been using a rom called HumberOS on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, and I have to say that besides of being stable , it has specific improvements in the kernel for tablets P1000N and P1000L (for instance, Voodoo for controlling the headphone voulmen). In this post you will learn how to install HumberOS2.1, which is rooted and has all the Samsung’s apps.
- Remember that only you are responsible of what you do to your tablet. Although I followed this method, I won’t take any responsibility if you brick your tablet.
- Backup your current rom and any data. This will help you to go back if something goes wrong.
- Do this procedure with at least 75% of battery charge.
- This rom ONLY works on P1000N / P1000L. For other models (Verizon, Sprint, CDMA, etc) you better check the xda-developer’s forum
- Download and copy into internal o external sdcard’s root directory the file HumberOS-v2.1.zip
- Turn off the tablet and then turn it on in the CWM Recovery by pressing Power On + Volume Up buttons at the same time. When it boots you should see a screen lilke this one:
- Make wipe data / factory reset and wipe dalvik cache on the wipe menu.
- On the Install menu go to choose zip from internal sdcard (or choose zip from external sdcard if it’s your case). Choose the HumberOS-2.1.zip file to flash it to the tablet.
- Once installed, go to reboot menu and reboot the tablet by choosing reboot system. The tablet will boot with the HumberOS 2.’s logo. It will last quite a few, don’t turn off the tablet. Be patient.
- When it had finished, follow the tablet’s settings wizard, and enjoy it!
Reference: HumberOS 2.1 (in Portuguese)