If you have a PS3 with firmware lower than 4.11 and you want to update to this firmware, here I leave the directions for upgrading your PS3 to firmware 4.11
If you update your PS3 to firmware 4.11 there won’t be any way to downgrade it, so if you have firmware 3.40 or 3.55 think it twice, because you will not be able to run homebrew or backup-ed games.
- Download firmware 4.11.
- Copy 411.PUP file to /PS3/UPDATE folder. Create any folder if necessary.
- Rename 411.PUP file to PS3UPDAT.PUP.
- Unplug the pendrive nicely from the PC, and connect it to the PS3.
- Go to System Update and select Update via Storage Media.
- Accept the license agreement and follow the installing directions.
Reference: [Recopilación] Firmwares Oficiales PS3 (in Spanish)