Archive for category Samsung Galaxy Y Duos
A friend bough ta Samsung Galaxy Y Duos phone on Amazon but when it arrived to Venezuela she realized the phone doesn’t have with Spanish as Language, only English and other ones like Arabic. I told to my friend that maybe there was a ROM from other country which includes Spanish as language, and in deed I found a rom for Spain, so this article it’s for leaving the rom here and explain how to upgrade the phone to version 2.3.6
- Remember that only you are responsible of what you do to your phone. Although I followed this method, I won’t take any responsibility if you brick your phone.
- Backup your current rom and any data. This will help you to go back if something goes wrong.
- Do this procedure with at least 75% of battery charge.
- This rom ONLY works on Samsung Galaxy Y Duous 6102.
- Downlaod Odin 3.v1.84 which is compatible for this phone. Extraxt the content into a directory on your PC.
- Download the ROM 2.3.6. This is a Stock ROM, I mean, it has not operator’s branda. Extract the file on your PC. You must have three files: CSC_S6102_OXXLD3.tar.md5, MODEM_S6102_XXLE3.tar.md5 and PDA_S6102_XXLE3.tar.md5.
- Have installed the Windows drivers for Samsung phones.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on in the Download mode. You can do that by pressing the power button + the central button + the volume up button at the same time. On this menu you must choose Wipe data factory reset and Wipe cache partition. Then you must choose the Reboot system now option.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on in the Download mode. You can do that by pressing the power button + the central button + the volume down button at the same time. You can do this buttons combination after rebooting your phone in the previous step.
- Launch Odin (better as administrator) and plug in the phone to the PC. If Odin recognizes the phone a yellow box should appear as it’s shown in the following picture:
- In Odin set the parameters as shown in the above picture, meaning, PDA=PDA_S6102_XXLE3.tar.md5, PHONE=MODEM_S6102_XXLE3.tar.md5, CSC=CSC_S6102_OXXLD3.tar.md5
- Click on the Start button to begin the upgrade. The time of the procedure is show just below the System box and the details in the Message box .
- When it has finished, the phone will reboot with the new ROM and Odin will show the message PASS: